It is not uncommon that we may provide free-of-charge API keys to students and researchers to help them with their work. At your request, we may do so. This possibility depends on what are the requirements of a specific project and how intensive the usage of the API / data is expected to be. Each situation is individua, but there are several guidelines general conditions that will be applicable to everyone:
- Student API key’s purpose must be specific.
The key may be granted for the specified work and for educational/research non-profit purposes only. Student API keys must not be used directly or indirectly, in full or partially for any other purposes (private or business alike).
- Student API keys will be time-framed (normally, from a week to several months) and quotas will be tweaked according to the specific needs of your work.
- Credits to AeroDataBox API must be given clearly visible in your work: we reserve a right to request a link to or a copy of your end work or publication to verify that.
- We reserve a right to request a confirmation of you working on a specified project and/or studying in a specified educational institution(this may be, but is not limited to: requesting a copy of your student ID, coming in contact with your teacher, etc.).
This list might seem a bit daunting, but don’t be afraid: all of these conditions are largely common sense. Obviously, we cannot enforce each and every one of these conditions. That is why every student API key is to be issued with a grain of trust that a key will be used responsibly!
What information do we need from you?
Do you want to request an API key or do you have any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us. In order to expedite processing make sure to include the following details to your initial request to us:
- The name of the educational institution you’re attending to.
It will be a good idea to contact us using the e-mail granted to you by your education institution and containing its official domain name. Please ensure that the e-mail address you’re writing from is able to receive reply messages from outside of the network of your educational institution, or provide us an alternative e-mail to reach out to you. Otherwise, we won’t be able to respond to you!
- A brief description the purpose or the project you want to use API for.
The purpose must:
– be specific (too vague, too general or too wide descriptions are not trustworthy);
– be academic (e.g. you’re doing a project for your school, university or college;
– not raise reasonable suspicion that a key will be used for business or non-academic purposes.
General trial requests, requests for in-house corporate training, etc. won’t be accepted.
- A list of API endpoints you want to use.
Requests for using all endpoints at once are not likely to be accepted.
- An (approximate) estimate how many calls you expect to make for each endpoint in the list above.
Requests for unlimited or too intensive usage won’t be accepted.
- An estimate when and for how long you need the key (is it a week, a month or a semester?). Please provided date range (when you plan to start and end using the API).
Requests for perpetual, undetermined or too lengthy time won’t be accepted.
- Your username on RapidAPI (please subscribe to free plan first!)
Our API is provided exclusively through the RapidAPI platform. In order to grant you access we need you to be registered on RapidAPI and subscribed on a free plan of our API. Otherwise we won’t be technically able to assign you a custom student pricing plan.
Please be advised that student API keys are not guaranteed and no one is entitled to them. We may refuse to issue a key for any reason, which may be not necessarily related to your work (for instance: there are technical issues currently, the load on the API is at capacity, there are too many student or free API keys active at the moment, etc.).