We may provide a limited API service free of charge to students and researchers to support their work. Each situation is unique, but there are some general guidelines and conditions that will apply to everyone:
- Purpose of the work must be specific.
The API key will be granted only for specific educational or non-profit research purposes. It is important to note that student API keys must not be used, either directly or indirectly, for any private or business purposes, in part or in full.
- Student API keys will be time-framed (normally, from a week up to several months) and quotas will be tweaked according to the specific needs of your work.
- Credits to AeroDataBox API must be given clearly visible in your work: we may request a link to or a copy of your end work or publication to verify that.
- We reserve a right to request a confirmation of you working on a specified project and/or studying in a specified educational institution (this may be, but is not limited to: requesting a copy of your student ID, coming in contact with your tutor, etc.).
This list might seem a bit daunting, but don’t worry: all of these conditions are largely common sense. Obviously, we cannot enforce each one of these conditions. That is why every student API key is to be issued with a grain of trust that a key will be used responsibly!
What information do we need from you?
Do you want to request an API key? Don’t hesitate to contact us. To expedite processing, make sure to include the following details in your initial request to us:
- The name of your educational institution.
💡It will be a great idea to contact us with the e-mail with the official domain name of your institution. That will make your inquiry more credible.
💡Please ensure that the e-mail address you’re writing from is able to receive reply messages from outside the network of your educational institution, or provide us an alternative e-mail to reach out to you. Otherwise, we won’t be able to respond to you!
- A brief description of the purpose or your project.
The purpose must:
– be specific (too vague or too general descriptions are generally not very trustworthy);
– be academic (e.g., you’re doing a project for your school, university, or college);
– not raise reasonable suspicion that a key will be used for business or non-academic purposes.
General trial requests, requests for in-house corporate training, etc. won’t be accepted.
- A list of API endpoints you want to use.
💡Requests for using all endpoints at once are not likely to be accepted.
- An (approximate) estimate of how many calls you expect to make for each endpoint in the list above.
💡Estimate can be difficult, we know. But without this information, we won’t be technically able to assign you a custom student plan.
💡Requests for unlimited or too intensive usage won’t be accepted.
- An estimate when and for how long you will need the key (is it a week, a month, or a semester?). Please provide date range (when you plan to start and end using the API).
💡Requests for perpetual, unspecified or too lengthy time won’t be accepted.
- Your username on RapidAPI (please subscribe to free plan first)
💡To grant you access, we require you to be registered on RapidAPI and subscribed on a free plan of our API. Otherwise, we won’t be technically able to assign you a custom student plan.
Please note that student API keys is our voluntary initiative. Therefore, no-one is entitled to them. We may sometimes refuse issuing a key for any reason, which may be not necessarily related to your work (for instance: there are technical issues currently, the load on the API is at capacity, there are too many student or free API keys active at the moment, etc.).